Re: filebuf attach method source code.

Thank you very much for the information!

Adam J. Pike
AOS-330/TMA
Software Engineer
Adam.CTR.Pike@xxxxxxx

                      llewelly@xmission
                      .com                     To:       Adam CTR Pike/ACT/CNTR/FAA@FAA
                                               cc:       gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      07/06/2004 04:31         Subject:  Re: filebuf attach method source code.
                      PM

adam.ctr.pike@xxxxxxx writes:

> Greetings,
>
> I have been looking for the source code for the attach method that used
> be part of the filebuf class.

This has been replaced by the __gnu_cxx::stdio_filebuf class, as
    documented at: http://xrl.us/ccq4 . (However, it's changed a few
    times, so check the version-specific docs.)

The original attach source you can find at: http://xrl.us/ccq6 . Look
    in fstream.cc and liboP.h .

> I am attempting to compile a program that
> uses the attach method to attach a filebuf object to a pipe.

According to its docs, the stdio_filebuf class can be opened on a file
    descriptor.

> I have very
> little time to get this program compiled, so the quickest fix would be to
> create a new filebuf class in a local header and add the attach method to
> it.

I really doubt this will be 'quick'.

[snip]