Re: make bootstrap fail with '-luser32'

Arthur I Schwarz wrote:
I've tried to compile and install gcc-3.4.0 under Cygwin on an AMD XP and
Pentium IV computer, both under Win2000.

On the AMD the bootstrap succeeds with no error and I am ready to install.

On the Pentium the bootstrap fails (during link?) in Stage 1 when it is
unable to locate 'user32' (-luser32). user32 is located in: C:
\winnt\sysstem32\user32.dll, and this is in my Cygwin PATH variable and in
the Windows System PATH variable. Don't know what to do to discover what's
wrong or work around the problem. Don't understand why I succeed in my home
AMD computer and fail at my work pentium computer.

Perhaps the problem is that 'libuser32.a' cannot be located. (Compare both Cygwin installations.)

Hth.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.