Build configuration for most compact output

I'm trying to reduce code size and I'm wondering besides the optimizations flags, what combination of other flags, either in building the toolchain or command line, that will result in the most compact output. No dead code, no debug info, etc, just the code that is required to do the operation of my application. Thanks.

-John G-