Re: gcc v2.96

Hi Nizar,

There is no "GNU GCC v2.96".

There is a non-GNU GCC 2.96, which was produced by and distributed by Red Hat (not by GNU). I tend to call it "RH/GCC 2.96", to highlight its non-GNU nature.

(Likewise, with OSX/GCC 3.3, because there have been several platform specific enhancements by Apple's own gurus. If I'm not mistaken, Apple's engineers are in the process of folding their changes back into the GNU GCC mainline. I'd presume there is a somewhat arduous submission and review process.)

I presume that Red Hat has the source code available on their website.

HTH,
--Eljay