Re: g77 assumed length arrays--debugging with gdb

Thanks,

I do want to try out g95 .  I've been sticking with f77 due to
lack of a public domain f90 compiler.

I also didn't have much luck with gdb with the Intel ifc compiler
when I tried it again last night.

I guess that we fortran lovers are better at writing open source
apps than open source programming tools?

Regards,
Gary Howell

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004 llewelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Gary W Howell <gwhowell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> [snip]
> > Looking through g77 websites, I haven't found much hope
> > of using the current versions of g77 with gdb for the purposes
> > of examining arrays in subroutines.
> >
> > I appreciate any assistance.
> [snip]
>
> I do not know if you find this helpful, but g77 is in the process of
>     being replaced with g95, see www.g95.org . Last I heard, g95 was
>     not yet ready for production use. But if anyone can help you with
>     g77 issues, it will probably be the people on the g95 mailing
>     list. So try emailing fortan at gcc.gnu.org .

Gary Howell
Applications Scientist for High Performance Computation