Re: gcc 2.95 to gcc 3.2.3

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 12:12, Feranando Roberto Secco wrote:
> Hello,
> my name is Fernando and I work at Software and Hardware Laboratory of
> the Santa Catarina University (www.lisha.ufsc.br ).
> I work with a network processor (lanai) and I am using gcc 2.95 to
> compile things for it.
> Since gcc 2.95 is a bit old it could not support all C++ features I am
> using.
> Then, I am thinking in a port from gcc 2.95 to gcc 3.2.3 .
>
> My question is, Is it possible to port the machine files from 2.95 to
> 3.2.3?
> ( I am not sure if this is the right name, but its the "target"
> specification, some files
> like lisp description and the C files inside gcc/conf/my_target_name )
> If yes what do I have to change in the 2.95 files to make then
> compatible with 3.2.3.
>
> I already tryed the gcc list but in 5 days I haven't got a single answer.

I am trying to figure out what you want help with.  Your code is
obviously going to compile under g++ 3.X however there g++ # compilers
are a lot more stringent than 2.95 so you might have to tweak your
source a little.

Regarding installing gcc you can build the gcc 3.X source with a gcc
2.95 compiler however you are always better off upgrading with your
suppliers packages if possible,  it is simply easier.

If you want more help then an operating system and release number will
help us be a little more specific.

--
Thanks
KenF