Re: Building gcc on Tru64

laurence@xxxxxxxxx writes:

> Dear all,
> 	I was wondering if anyone could help me in my attempts to build gcc
> on Tru64 (Tru64 5.0, ev6). From looking at bug-reports, it seemed to me
> that the gcc-3.3 branch does not build on Tru64; since my attempts
> seemed to confirm this, I decided to try the gcc-3.4 branch. I can get
> the compilers (c and c++) to build without failing using the following:
>
> CC=/usr/bin/cc ../gcc/configure --prefix=/usr/local/gcc-3.4-20040322
> --program-suffix=-3.4-20040322 --enable-languages=c,c++
> --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs --disable-nls
>
> However, when I try to compile some c++ programs, such as those included in
> Lam MPI, I get runtime errors complaining that "_Ewcsftime" is undefined
> in libstdc++. I have also built gcc using --disable-shared and then get
> the errors while linking the programs.
>
> I can find very little information about _Ewcsftime. I did find

> and had a look at the wchar.h file from Compaq, which mentions
> _Ewcsftime, and was wondering where else it might crop up. I was also
> wondering if anyone could tell me if _Ewcsftime is supposed to be
> defined in libstdc++ or if it is in some other library.

Here is a shot in the dark. Use find, nm, and grep, like this:

find /usr/lib -name '*lib*so*' -print | xargs nm -A | & grep 'T.*_Ewcsftime.*' | less

Replace '/usr/lib' with the directories in which you expect to find libraries.
Replace '*lib*so*' with a pattern which you expect to match appropriate
    libraries.

-A is the gnu nm option to print the name of the file before each
    symbol. Look at the docs for your nm to  find an equivalent.