Exception Traceback / Frame Unwind 2

Sorry to labor a point. As an extension to my posting yesterday, our need to access Frame Unwind information.

We also host a great many CGI programs, compiled under gcc. Occasionally these thrown an exception which cannot be handled. Eg, a miss-coded SQL statement. Since these programs run thousands of times a day (sometimes!), it's impossible to examine core files. Especially if a general 'catch' then exits gracefully without leaving a core :)

Again, it would be enormously useful to access the frame unwind programatically. Our CGI programs could then report their errors to our programming dept, including the most useful bit of data: Where the error occurred in the code, and hence drastically increase the quality of our products.

Again, thanks big time to any person who can suggest a solution for us.

Regards,

Ben Clewett.