Re: usage of gcc

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 03:05, ZEMBA Boubakar wrote:

> When I Type ./configure --help I hadn't all options
> As an exemple with apache, when I type ./configure --help there is not the
> --disable-shared option. But when I type ./configure --disable-shared its
> work. So I want to know all the options that I can use to compile sources.

This is a little off topic for the gcc list but I will give it a go.

configure is build from configure.in by a program called autoconf.  The
programmer that writes configure.in is responsible for documenting the
extra switches he implements so there is no standard set in use except
those defined in the autoconf manual.

Regarding you comment about apache,  this is probably misleading because
configure does NOT check whether you have specified invalid options,
this can be frustrating at times when you make a simple typo.

For a better answer please look up a mailing list for autoconf.

--
Thanks
KenF