Re: GCC3.X on Windows XP

Eljay Love-Jensen wrote:
Hi Phil,

Go to www.cygwin.com

Download Setup.exe

When you (eventually) get to the items to select, toggle the top level item to "install", which will install EVERYTHING (sans source code).

If you really don't want everything, you can use the same Setup.exe program to later deselect and uninstall items.

Start up your Cygwin bash shell. Experience quasi-Unix bliss. Drink cool-aid. Enjoy.

--Eljay

And if you wish to stick with a native Win32 environment go to www.mingw.org and download and install the latest mingw binary.

Cheers,
Rob

--
Any emails containing attachments will be deleted from my ISP's mail server before I even get to see them. If you wish to email me an attachment, please provide advance warning so that I can make the necessary arrangements.