Re: Using the GCC IR

"Rohit Gulati" <rgulati@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Can I get access to the IR generated by GCC. I know how to dump the
> IR to file. Is there a way to access the IR in memory (walk the IR).

Well, sure.  gcc code does it all the time.  Look at the source, and
read the internals manual.

There is no way to have gcc write out the internal representation,
modify it yourself, and then invoke the backend on the result.  gcc
does not read in the internal representation.  This is intentional,
due to concerns about GPL side-stepping.

Ian