Re: can't compile because of script errors

Hi,

Thanks to Phil's answer, I re-read the install notes, although I am not in the
same situation as he was when he had similar trouble (for him it was because
of an automounted home directory). And after trying once again, I found the
cause
of the problem. The install notes say:

"First, we highly recommend that GCC be built into a separate directory
than the sources which does not reside within the source tree. This is
how we generally build GCC."

So objdir must not be in srcdir, and I was already aware of that. But what I
didn't know is that srcdir may not be in srcdir either! And I had created a
"build_gcc" directory, untar'd gcc-3.3.2 into that directory (srcdir was thus
build_cc/gcc-3.3.2), and run "gcc-3.3.2/configure" from within "build_gcc".

Maybe the sentence I picked up from the install notes should be rephrased a
little?

Anyway, now gcc compiled. But I still get "string undeclared" when trying to
compile a silly test file... :-( More about that when I give up retrying...

See you,
Pierric.