incompatibility of gcc(s)

Hello,

Could you help me ?

I have installed the source 3.3.1 version of gcc on my linux system (Red Hat 7.2) by compiling it with a prior version of gcc (2.96.98), a binary version comming in a RPM archive.

The installation ran very well but when I tried to compile a simple program I met the error message "undefined reference to -Unwind_Resume_or_RethrowGCC_3.3". With google I discovered the problem came from a prior installation of gcc.

That's nice, but how to solve this problem : installing a sourve version of gcc with a preexisting gcc, that give a incompatibily error when compiling a program ?

Thancks

Didier