RE: Why does ld insist on /lib/libgcc_so.so1

Quoting lrtaylor@xxxxxxxxxx:
> What if you set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the location of the correct
> libgcc_s.so.1?

Why!  Then it seems to run just fine?  You say the loader hits /lib and /usr/lib
first before going through the libraries described in /etc/ld.so.cache?  Am I
just reading the documentation incorrectly?  The man page of ld.so (8 in my
case) says the order is
DT_RPATH,LD_LIBRARY_PATH,DT_RUNPATH,/etc/ld.so.cache,trusted /lib & /usr/lib

I do not doubt that it works, or that you are correct.  I am trying understand
why it does not work the way I thought it should

By the way, thank you for the help and what is your location and favorite beer?

-s