Re: Darwin cross-compile (i586): as fails on crtstuff.c

Hello,

> I already had binutils installed (for the correct
> target), and the
> correct path was already included in $PATH. This
> directory contains
> i586-pc-linux-gnu-* symlinks, I guess this is
> correct? (I didn't specify
> this in the ./configure, they 'just appeared') The
> (gcc) Makefile seems
> to be prepared for this.

So does $prefix/i586-pc-linux-gnu/bin contain
binutils? Somehow, when gcc is configured, it's
supposed to realize that the tools are in that
directory.

> So, I still have a few questions:
> - If I unpack the binutils source in the same tree
> as gcc, will it
> 'automagically' also be built and installed?
> - If not, why does ./gcc/xgcc tell me 'as' is the
> assembler to use? How
> can I change this?

Pretty much. Usually what I do is decompress binutils,
decompress gcc, create a new directory build, symlink
gcc/* to build/ and binutils/* to build/ . Then create
an objdir, configuring ../build/configure and so
forth. Hope that helps.

Dara