Re: My first step

Hi Helmut,

 I downloaded the examples from the book, and they
work nicely writing a little text in the terminal
window, i started it in, and they should for you
as well.
 Did you try running them from a terminal window
or by clicking on an icon on the desktop? In the
later case, im not entirely sure, where the text
would go. I suspect, the programs would work quite
nicely, but you just dont see the output.
 What do you mean by getting an empty text file
using "gcc -o ...."?

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn