Re: Do wcout and wcin work with GCC?

OK, you guys need not tell me why it's not working on my system. I just wish to know whether it should work or if it's not working only on my system.

thanks

Alex

On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 16:54:20 -0300, Alex J. Dam <alexjotadam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My system was built (mostly) according to LFS 4.0 on an AMD Athlon. I don't know which packages' versions are relevant. My glibc is 2.2.5, g++ is 3.3.1.

Alex

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003 11:43:04 -0600, <lrtaylor@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What platform are you trying this on? Wide character support may depend on the platform as well as GCC.

Thanks,
Lyle Taylor
IS Applications

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex J. Dam [mailto:alexjotadam@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, August 31, 2003 12:28 PM
To: gcc-help@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Do wcout and wcin work with GCC?

Hi,

  I would like to use C++ as my primary language for computer
programming, but I'm having some problems dealing with
multi-byte strings in g++.
  How can I make wcin and wcout work? Whenever I read a string
 from the console the string is truncated at the first non-ASCII
character. When I'm writing to wcout, the string is also
truncated.
  I've tried imbue(), setlocale(), etc. but it didn't solve my
problem.
  My locale is pt_BR.UTF-8, my gcc and g++ are version 3.3.1.
  EXAMPLE:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <locale>