Re: Default linker directory search order

Hi Thomas,

The hard-coded default is "burned" into the compiler when it is intially built.  I'm not sure as to the details off the top of my head on how to set that.

If you want to change those "burned in" settings, you'll have to recompile GCC on your system (see the documention on the gcc.gnu.org site).

If you merely want to see those settings, you can specify "g++ -v foo.cpp" for your "foo.cpp" source file.  The "-v" means verbose output.  And that will give lots of interesting output, including the link line and it's settings.

HTH,
--Eljay