RE: need help with installation

Hi James,

You are facing the classic chicken-and-the-egg problem.  Just giving you a binary isn't the best solution, since the binary has hard coded paths in it, and what if my paths are the same as your paths?  I'm betting that you don't have access to /home/eljay/gnu/gcc/... on your system.  (I'm also not in the habit of emailing a 107MB attachment!)

You may find <http://ultra.litpixel.com:84/articles/iaug/frameset.html> of interest.

You may attempt to make your own Solaris binary cross-compiled from another machine.  You'd need just make the C compiler.  Move that over to your Solaris box, and then compile it.  I've never tried that; it sounds scary.

What you REALLY should try to do is talk to your Sun box system administrator have have them pkgadd the GCC compiler on your behalf.

Good luck,
--Eljay