Re: Help - std::string

On Mon, Aug 11, 2003 Jim Gifford wrote:
> I am using GCC 3.3.1. That file is not there.
>
> Here is my install procedure
>
> ./configure --prefix=/usr \
>                 --enable-languages=c,c++ \
>                 --enable-shared \
>                 --enable-threads=posix \
>                 --enable-__cxa_atexit \
>                 --enable-clocale=gnu \
>                 --enable-long-long \
>                 --enable-version-specific-runtime-libs
>
> make bootstrap
> make install

Did you really ran configure in GCC's source directory? This is
usually not supported and you should compile it in its own object
directory.

Considering the configure options above libstdc++'s headers should
have been installed in /usr/lib/ (according to the documentation
at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html).

Are you able to compile a simple hello world C++ program at all? You
can use the -v switch to see where GCC searches for its headers.

--
Claudio Bley                                 ASCII ribbon campaign (")
Debian GNU/Linux user                         - against HTML email  X