Re: Static library for gcc compiling

I believe this is due to the fact that you cannot use the dynamic library from a static image.

I think the reason is that libdl.so actually uses the dynamic runtime linker to resolve the symbols. Static images do not have access to this, so the library will not work.

Can someone with a better understanding of this issue confirm this for me? Thanks,

Matthias