RE: Looking for good Purify like memory check tool for gcc

If you want something that runs (only) on Linux, you might check out
Valgrind:

   http://developer.kde.org/~sewardj/

Essentially it works by running your process in a sort of virtual
machine environment, so it can detect all sorts of weirdness, but it can
slow down your process quite a bit.  Assuming that's not a problem for
you, this may be a good tool.

---
Tony Wetmore
Raytheon Solipsys