Lib incompatibilities

Not sure if any one can help me with this on here.

Platform:
Solaris 2.7
Sun Blade

I have some libraries that I compiled with GNU g++ v 3.2.1. No problem
all is fine. I have another library/executable that I'm compiling using
sun's workshop/Forte developer v6 update 1. When I compile it all
together I get undefined symbols.  I checked and doubled checked all the
paths to include and libs are there on the compile line.  Now if I use
the make created by workshop and have it use g++ instead of it's own
compiler, it compiles fine. The reason for using the workshop is of
course a nice runtime debugging environment.

I've been out of the C++ area for a few years.  I new there could have
been a problem like this years ago with man mangling but are these
native compiler (i.e. no intermediate code?).  Any clue why?

Thanks,

Frank