Re: Implementation of Sin and Cos

On Mon, Jul 14, 2003 at 02:45:07AM -0700, Anup Hosangadi wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I have been trying to find out how Sin and Cos
> functions
>  are actually implemented in the gcc libraries.
> (math.h).
>
>  Is it approximated by using Taylor's series?
>  I would be glad if anyone can help me out.

Gcc does not implement sin/cos/atan/etc.  It relies on the host libraries to
provide these functions.  If you are using Linux, the host libraries are in the
glibc package, which you can get on any FSF mirror.  Glibc questions should be
directed to their mailing list, and not here.  For other systems, you need to
figure out who provides the library, and whether source is available.

--
Michael Meissner
email: gnu@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx