Re: assembler help - struc

See http://sources.redhat.com/binutils/

> On to the question.  Does anyone know an equivalent code in assembler for
> intel's word 'struc'.
>
> As in:
> ******************************
> 23: MAP_IO_S       struc
> 24: ioc_select_reg  db        ?, ?            #IOC select register
> 25: panel_ctrl_reg  db        ?, ?            #panel control register
> 26: MMAP_IO_S       ends
> ******************************
>
> I did some searching and actually found a post that claimed that by placing
> .intel_syntax at teh top of the file, the file would compile using intel
> assembly syntax.

.intel_syntax makes gas support the instruction syntax documented in
the Intel manuals.  It does not change gas's behaviour outside of
instructions.  In particular, it does not add support for struct, db,
or ends.

gas does support a .struct pseudo-op, but the syntax and usage is
different.

Ian