[ gaim-Support Requests-1613988 ] Gather many contact accounts under one icon

Support Requests item #1613988, was opened at 2006-12-12 09:15
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1613988&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
It would be cool to allow one to gather many contact acounts under one identity...
I have many friends that posses an account uneder msn, another uneder jabber and a third under aim for instance. Thus, when I connect these three protocols my contact window is poluted by contact redondancy. What would be great would be for instance to allow one to add "fake" contacts that could aggregate "real" contacts to gather all the "identities" of one contact.
- The fake contact would appear connected if one of it's contacts is connected
- We could right click on the contact to choose the "real" contact we want to use to chat with him, or to access some properties such as for instance the priority of "real contacts" in the fake contact. The default "real contact" gaim chooses when we simply double click on the "fake contact"