[ gaim-Support Requests-1181717 ] Buddy Pounce bypasses OTR

Support Requests item #1181717, was opened at 2005-04-12 12:25
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sjobeck
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1181717&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Observed with GAIM 1.2.1 on WinXP, but almost certainly
a cross platform bug

If you are using the OTR (Off The Record) plugin (and I
suspect others perhaps as well, but unverified), the
Buddy Pounce feature bypasses it.

Reproduction:
Set up a OTR session and set Buddy Pounce to send a
message on return from away. When the pounce is
triggered the message will be sent without encryption.

Comment By: Jason B. Sjobeck (sjobeck)