[ gaim-Support Requests-1435283 ] KDE required?

Support Requests item #1435283, was opened at 2006-02-20 10:49
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1435283&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This really isn't a bug, but...

I recently upgraded gaim to 1.5.0 (and then to beta2)
on a slackware-10.2 linux box.   One of my users kept
having gaim shut down whenever she was connected to MSN
and received a message.  By running from the command
line, we saw that the problem had something to do with
mcop.

After much playing around, I found that the problem was
that she had never run KDE (gnome is the default window
manager on this box) and hence, .kde and .mcop weren't
set up properly.  I ran some KDE application to
initinalize things, and the prolems went away.

This is new (gaim has worked for this user for years).
 It's trivial to fix, but something shoul d be
mentioned in the documentation.

David