[ gaim-Support Requests-1347722 ] Gaim won't load

Support Requests item #1347722, was opened at 2005-11-03 16:51
Message generated for change (Settings changed) made by lschiere
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1347722&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
>Category: win32
>Group: None

Initial Comment:
When I try to run gaim, nothing happens--the program
doesn't load. If I then try to run gaim again, it gives
me an error saying "an instance of gaim is already
running". If I look at the processes in Windows Task
Manager, it shows up. It does not show up under
application, though. I've tried restarting,
reinstalling, and wishing...

The most peculiar thing is that this is happening on
both my laptop and desktop. Is there a chance that a
plugin I am using is doing this? However after the
reinstall gaim didn't work at all still, so that means
the plugin would not have been removed during the
uninstall--not sure if that's likely or not.