[ gaim-Support Requests-1323478 ] "Multiple Instances of Gaim" Error

Support Requests item #1323478, was opened at 2005-10-10 21:04
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by meskib0b
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1323478&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Since I have Gaim as a system tray icon, I sometimes
forget to click the tray icon instead of the desktop
icon, and then I get the stupid "Error: Already have an
instance of gaim running".  Is there a way to change
the Gaim desktop shortcut to maximize/minimize Gaim
instead of trying to create another instance of Gaim?
Ideally I would be able to launch Gaim if it isn't
running, and then maximize/minimize the buddy list if
it is running.  Please let me know if there is a patch,
plugin, or some sort of fix for this.  Thanks.