[Gaim-support] [ gaim-Support Requests-1218793 ] Bug or feature?

Support Requests item #1218793, was opened at 2005-06-11 10:57
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=200235&aid=1218793&group_id=235

not just the latest update.
Category: win32
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Thanks for the tool. Found no other place to give
feedback and observation, so if you dislike it, kill this
posting.

a) Was not able to open more than 1 chat-session at
the same time - but just this I expected from gaim.
b) when clicking the online-checkbox on the accounts-
table, a small login prompt opens for password - but
cannot connect.
c) opening (connecting) works with the login-window with
the account selection button, but closing the contact list
which opens consequently shut down the whole gaim
d) in the contact list in the title bar is the own
name /account name not displayed. If there are multiple
accounts defined (as I did), it nees guessing which one
is just open in a specific window
e) the login-window disappears after the first succesful
login - but to have multiple logins at the same time
seemed to me would be a great plus of this tool. The
other way - to start a second session via the accounts-
list and checking the online-box as indicated in the faq
worked in no case (several msn and icq-accounts)
f) the login-window has no help/about menu to show the
version
g) file transfert to and fro msn worked fine, but I was not
able to select a specific folder for downloading, only a
drive. Behavior of this dialog is 'unusual' for windows
user. Found Bug report 1211428 in this respect in status
fixed already some releases ago. With 1.3.1 it is not
fixed.
h) setting account infos is not so clear which effect it will
have: If you collect server-stored account-infos about
your own account, and you want to change it, it looks
this is not supported.
i) Opening the online-help opens in the last opened
webbrowser-window instead of a starting a new instance
of the webbrowser (ie6).
j) online help and faq is dated out as for current version
1.3.1
k) to give just feedback or report a bug you have to run
through a registration process. it is questionable if it
makes sense to make feed-backs difficult.
l) I am missing a possibility to predefine upload and
download-directories for filetransfers.
m) Gaiml does not remember last opened directory for
file transfer. With every transfer you have to undergo
again a long way of clickings until you arrive at the
source folder.