Re: Flaky test: generic:269 (EBUSY on umount)

On Thu, Jun 13, 2024 at 09:16:18PM -0700, Darrick J. Wong wrote:

> Amusingly enough, I still have that patch (and generic/1220) in my
> fstests branch, and I haven't seen this problem happen on g/1220 in
> quite a while.

Remind me what your fstests git repo is again?

The generic/750 test in my patch 2/2 that I sent out reproduces the
problem super-reliably, so long as fsstress actually issues the
io_uring reads and writes.  So if you have your patch applied which
suppresses io_uring from fstress by default, you might need to modify
the patch series to force the io_uring, at which point it quite nicely
demonstrates the fsstress ; umount problem.  (It sometimes requires
more rounds of fsstress ; umounts before it repro's on the xfs/4k, but
it repro's really nicely on ext4/4k).

xfs/4k:
  generic/750  Failed   3s
  generic/750  Failed   1s
  generic/750  Failed   33s
  generic/750  Failed   1s
  generic/750  Pass     33s
ext4/4k:
  generic/750  Failed   3s
  generic/750  Failed   2s
  generic/750  Failed   7s
  generic/750  Failed   2s
  generic/750  Failed   7s

							- Ted

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]