Re: xfstests flakiness in generic/095 triggered by fio 3.37

On 4/15/24 12:22 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:
> I was updating various components in my xfstests test appliance, and
> it appears that fio 3.37 is causing generic/095 to become flaky.
> Previously, I had been using fio 3.35 and a quick test shows that fio
> 3.36 seems to be OK.  So the change seems to be somethinig that was
> introduced between fio 3.36 and 3.37.
>
> The test failures seem to be caused by the following unexpected
> message in the output file:
>
> fio: first I/O failed. If /xt-vdc/file1 is a zoned block device, consider --zonemode=zbd
>
> The following comment in tests/generic/095 suggests to my suspicious
> mind that the above warning message isn't getting suppressed when
> --ignore_error=,EIO is passed to fio:
>
>   # There's a known EIO failure to report collisions between directio and buffered
>   # writes to userspace, refer to upstream linux 5a9d929d6e13. So ignore EIO error
>   # at here.
>
> .... but I could be wrong about that.
>
> For now, I've just switched to using fio 3.36, since there's nothing
> in my testing that really _requires_ 3.37.  It might be that we should
> just work around this by filtering out the warning message in
> xfstests.  Or maybe we should make a change in fio?

I'll just revert that change, not sure how it slipped by that it also
change it from informational to an error message.

--
Jens Axboe

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]