Re: [GIT PULL] fstests: btrfs changes for for-next v2024.04.03

On 4/14/24 03:28, Zorro Lang wrote:
On Tue, Apr 09, 2024 at 04:26:27PM +0200, David Sterba wrote:
On Wed, Apr 03, 2024 at 03:24:14PM +0800, Anand Jain wrote:
Zorro,

Please pull this branch, which includes cleanups for background processes
initiated by the testcase upon its exit.

What is the ETA for a pull request to be merged? Not just this one but
in general for fstests. I don't see the patches in any of for-next or
queued.

I think you might be confused by the subject of this PR, there's not v2024.04.03
version, and no plan for v2024.04.03.

It is the patches which were pending to be pulled as below, and I see them now in the patches-in-queue branch.

--------
  https://github.com/asj/fstests.git staged-20240403

Anand Jain (1):
      common/btrfs: lookup running processes using pgrep

Filipe Manana (10):
btrfs: add helper to kill background process running _btrfs_stress_balance
      btrfs/028: use the helper _btrfs_kill_stress_balance_pid
      btrfs/028: removed redundant sync and scratch filesystem unmount
btrfs: add helper to kill background process running _btrfs_stress_scrub btrfs: add helper to kill background process running _btrfs_stress_defrag btrfs: add helper to kill background process running _btrfs_stress_remount_compress btrfs: add helper to kill background process running _btrfs_stress_replace btrfs: add helper to stop background process running _btrfs_stress_subvolume
      btrfs: remove stop file early at _btrfs_stress_subvolume
btrfs/06[0-9]..07[0-4]: kill all background tasks when test is killed/interrupted
--------

Thanks, Anand

Last fstests release is v2024.03.31, I generally make a new release in ~2 weeks
(1 week at least, 3 weeks rarely), and each release is nearly on Sunday. Due to
I have to give the new release a basic test and check the test results at the
weekend (I have my jobs on workdays), if nothing wrong, I'll push it on my Sunday
night. That's how I deal with fstests release, please feel free to tell me if you
have any concern :)

Thanks,
Zorro

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]