Re: generic/478: why eval is so fast?

03.07.2023 20:05, Zorro Lang пишет:
I didn't find out why it run faster, but I'm sure we can't merge a
patch which only say "it's faster, but don't know why". Especially
that "faster" is really unnormal.

One thing I'm confused is about that background process, if you add eval to
that line, can you sure the later "$!" (in "wait $!") is the t_ofd_locks
process number?

The second eval with "| tee -a  $seqres.full" confused me too, I'm not
so familar with eval, can't what kind of problem it brings in, but I
doubt something wrong at there.

Anyway, I can't merge a patch like this. But I don't mind if anyone
can answer this question :)
Hi, no, this wasn't a merge request, just
a question. But the problem is that I need
to merge another (not yet posted) patch
that needs 1 of these evals to properly
parse spaces in an arguments.
The eval I need, is only in a line with "| tee"
stuff, not the one for the process that would
be later wait'ed for.
Still, seeing such a huge speed-up, I was
afraid to post the patch itself, and decided
to ask first.

Anyway, the patch in question waits for
an approval of the semaphore fixing patch.
It adds a new test, but the synchronization
needs to work properly first.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]