[NYE DELUGE 3/4] xfs: modernize the realtime volume

Hi all,

This third patchset deluge is for the realtime modernization project.
There are five main parts to this effort -- adding a metadata directory
tree; sharding the realtime volume into allocation groups to reduce
metadata lock contention; adding reverse mapping; adding reflink; and
adding the one piece needed to make quotas work on realtime.  This
brings the robustness of the realtime volume up to par with the data
volume.

Originally, the modernization effort was a side project that was
intended to match XFS up to the proliferation of persistent memory.  The
data device would store metadata on cheap(er) flash storage, and the
realtime volume would be used to map persistent memory to files and take
advantage of the ability to do PMD-aligned allocations.  It's now less
clear how much of that will actually happen (CXL?), but the code's
finished, reasonably well tested, and ready for review.

NOTE: I hacked up metadump to support saving the metadata contents of
external logs and realtime devices so that I could run fuzz testing in
the least thoughtful way possible.  Chandan is working on improving the
deployment image story for our customers, and will likely produce
something better than my rush job.

As a warning, the patches will likely take several days to trickle in.

--D

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]