question about applications that use sparse file function fallocate()

Dear xfstest community,

I noticed that a number of tests are developed and utilized linux's
fallocate() function call (to preallocate space, punch holes etc). I
was hoping that somebody could be kind enough to provide some
non-xfstest examples of applications that use this function. I'm aware
that Microsoft's MSSQL running on linux would make fallocate() calls
to preallocate space (but it doesn't punch any holes for instance).
But I wonder if there are others?

Thank you for your feedback.

PS: please cc me in the reply as I'm not a subscriber.

[Index of Archives]     [Linux Filesystems Development]     [Linux NFS]     [Linux NILFS]     [Linux USB Devel]     [Linux Audio Users]     [Yosemite News]     [Linux Kernel]     [Linux SCSI]