Directory entry not persisted on a fsync

Hi,

We came across a scenario where inspite of fsync-ing the directory,
the entry was not persisted - the file created under this directory
was lost.

Consider the following workload :

1. creat test/foo
2. mkdir test/A
3. creat test/A/foo
4. fsync test/A/foo
5. fsync test
-----crash-----

When we recover after the crash, the contents in the directory are as follows:
dir test:

dir test/A:
    foo

Notice that file foo that was created in step 1 above, is lost inspite
of calling a fsync on its parent directory. On all other
filesystems(ext4, xfs, and f2fs), we see file foo persisted in the
test directory. We expect directory entries to be persisted when the
directory inode is fsynced right? Losing file foo doesn't seem to be
the right behavior.

Thanks,
Jayashree Mohan