Re: [ANNOUNCE] fstests: master branch updated to 948b1881f6ee

On Sun, Sep 03, 2017 at 10:22:52PM +0800, Eryu Guan wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> The master branch of the xfstests repository at:
>
> 	git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/fs/xfs/xfstests-dev.git
>
> have just been updated. Notably, fsx was fixed so that random seed could do its
> work, previously all tests ran fsx were running the same operation sequences.
> And fsstress was fixed so that it could run direct I/O on non-XFS filesystems.
> These two widely used test programs are changing there behaviors, so there're
> changes new bugs can be found, though I didn't see any in my release testing.
> Other commits are normal new tests, bug fixes and improvements.
>
> It was a busy week last week, many patches were posted for review, 20 of them
> are reviewed & accepted in this update. Thanks a lot to who have contributed
> patches and/or helped review patches. But there're still some outstanding
> patches waiting for review, especially patches from Amir/Josef that add power
> failure test frame work using dm-log-write target. Hopefully I'll get them
> reviewed in the comming week.
>
> Though there're many updates, I didn't see any new failures in auto group when
> running tests with 4.13-rc7 kernel and for-next branch of upstream xfsprogs. If

Sorry, this is wrong. generic/451 may fail on XFS and extN filesystems,
the fix is already reviewed in fsdevel list. And generic/452 fails with
dax mounted extN filesystems (driven by ext4 driver).

I updated my test description file but forgot to point the jobs to fetch
from the test branch of my internal fstests git repo, so I tested
against master branch which didn't contain the new commits.. I've fixed
up my test description file now.

Thanks,
Eryu