Re: Ideas to do custom operation just after mount?

Qu Wenruo wrote on 2015/12/21 10:25 +0800:

Dave Chinner wrote on 2015/12/21 11:16 +1100:
On Thu, Dec 17, 2015 at 09:55:14AM +0800, Qu Wenruo wrote:
Hi,

Will xfstests provides some API to do some operation just after
mounting a filesystem?

Some filesystem(OK, btrfs again) has some function(now qgroup only)
which needed to be enabled by ioctl instead of mount option.

Irk.

Seriously, I need ot find some time to split all the fs specific
stuff in common/rc into separate files and have each different
filesystem implement it's own version of the relevant functions
like _scratch_mkfs, _scratch_mount, etc.

That will enable btrfs to do truly hideous stuff like this that
admins will hate you for requiring, and the rest of us won't have to
care about it.

BTW, any good idea for btrfs to do such operation like enabling/disabling some minor features? Especially when it can be set on individual file/dirs.

Features like incoming write time deduplication, is designed to be enabled/disabled for individual file/dirs, so it's not a quite good idea to use mount option to do it.

Although some feature, like btrfs quota(qgroup), should be implemented by mount option though.
I don't understand why qgroup is enabled/disabled by ioctl. :(

Thanks,
Qu

So is there any good idea to do some operation just after mounting
in xfstests?

You're just going to have to wait a bit - the first piece of this
is in the overlayfs support patches, and the rest of it is in my
local work area in an incomplete state.

Glad to hear that, I'll just wait for the formal implement.

Thanks,
Qu

Cheers,

Dave.