Re: sys_copy_file_range tests

Hi Christoph,

On 12/01/2015 01:10 PM, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> Hi Anna,
>
> I recently looked into allowing sys_copy_file_range to use the
> clone_file_range operation so that file systems don't have to support
> two methods if they only support clone-like features, and one thing
> I noticed is that unlike for clone there are no tests for
> clone_file_range in xfstests, and I couldn't find a testsuite anywhere
> else either.  Do you have any good tests available to verify the
> implementation?

Sadly, I don't have very good tests and I was mostly using the example program from the man page under various filesystems and setups.  At LPC, Darrick made it sound like he was going to work on adding vfs_copy_file_range() tests to xfstests but that probably turned into the reflink/dedupe ioctl tests.

I can try to find time to write something for xfstests if that would be useful!

Anna