Re: Is there a way to set the cache directory using environment variables?

On 10.08.2023 at 18:48 Jean Abou Samra wrote:

> Looking into the MSYS2 package code at
> https://github.com/msys2/MINGW-packages/blob/master/mingw-w64-fontconfig/PKGBUILD#L67
> I see that this is indeed correct.
> If you add <cachedir> elements to the config file, does that make a difference?
> Not sure about the details of your setup, but if you create a "vanilla" FcConfig
> with FcConfigCreate(), it shouldn't have any of the default settings so you
> should be able to have complete control over it.

The problem is that I can't really use any fontconfig APIs because I'm not using
fontconfig directly but I use fontconfig as part of Pango (also from the MSYS2
package) so the only way to modify its behaviour is using environment variables
AFAICS.

--
Best regards,
 Andreas Falkenhahn                            mailto:andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx