If it's installed, it can be used, but why make it default? In my case, and probably that of many others, this agonizing set of fonts pulled in by a dependency for a package that isn't even there by default, and then the system default changes magically to use them; the UI changes appearance, web pages look different, etc.

The override worked, thanks.

--Pat

On 2023-05-08 03:42, Akira TAGOH wrote:
Not particularly, but as per the trends.

Well, I can't show you a specific proposal/workaround for you because
I have no idea what "looked wrong".
In general, you can put this into your
$HOME/config/fontconfig/fonts.conf or something to make your
preferable font default:

<fontconfig>
   <alias>
     <family>sans-serif</family>