Re: Query for default config without force initialization if absent

On Fri, 11 Feb 2022 15:28:47 +0100, Francesco Pretto wrote:

> Such function (tentative function name FcConfigGetCurrentDirect)
> would be useful to determine the configuration was already
> initialized or not and allow to set a custom default if no existing
> configuration was found.

It seems to me, an application shouldn’t go messing about with a user’s
default settings. Create a custom application-specific configuration, by
all means, and base it on the default as appropriate. But don’t go
replacing the default -- leave that up to user-controlled configuration
tools.