Re: FcSort and proper fontfallback

On Fri, 5 Feb 2021 17:19:29 +0100, Christian Parpart wrote:

> While it works in general, I wonder why - not matter what - it seems
> that "Noto Color Emoji" font family is placed on second place of the
> fonts returned by FcFontSort.

On my system, when I do a search for the Fontconfig pattern string
“emoji”, the first match is Noto Color Emoji. But if the pattern string
is “:color=1”, then the first match is Amiri Quran Colored.

Interestingly, when I do a name_unparse on the returned match pattern,
in among all the attribute values, for both these fonts it says
“color=DontCare”.