Re: Debugging fontconfig issue

Yup, that was the issue. Changing the target to "font" works great. Also thanks for the tip about FC_DEBUG. That will be handy in the future.

Thanks!

On 12/5/2019 5:15 AM, Akira TAGOH wrote:
On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 7:40 PM <adam.w@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello,

I'm wondering if it's possible to see exactly which .conf file is responsible for applying a particular setting for a particular font.

For example, I have the following file: ~/.config/fontconfig/fonts.conf where I can successfully apply hinting/aliasing/etc to a <match target="font"> block.

However underneath it, I'm trying to apply a font specific setting for the Arial font. I'm trying to disable antialiasing for this font. I have the following:

<match target="pattern">
This should be <match target="font">

However the font is still being antialiased as I can see from running: fc-match Arial --verbose
Try to run it with FC_DEBUG=4. if you're running with fontconfig
2.12.92 or later, you'll see which config is getting involved with
certain rules.

Hope that helps
Not sure if I'm just doing it wrong? Any help is appreciated,

Thanks