Re: [RFC] target font model on Freedesktop systems

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 10:45 PM Nicolas Mailhot
<nicolas.mailhot@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No foo variable, foo hebrew, foo narrow, foo caption, just a single foo
> with different available features (full variability or fixed states on
> the default axis, real upstream provided states or fakes generated by
> fontconfig at pango’s request[5], etc)

Such family name issue should be more likely a font issue. it could be
worked around but there are a lot of patterns to drop such things
heuristically and that may be huge costs to be automated; well, that
may depends what the level of support you expect on it.
Having something more or less would be useful though, I hope some
moves happens in fonts side for that too.

--
Akira TAGOH