Re: Next steps for a reproducible Fontconfig?

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 7:06 PM Alexander Larsson
<alexander.larsson@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We would have to turn that into a dynamic snippet. But that would be a
> problem for pre-existing flatpak binaries which doesn't do this.
> Could we instead have a way to modify a previously added dir element?
> Or maybe it could handle duplicate <dir> tags such that they keep the
> original order, but update the mapping? Then we can have both the
> static snippet an a dynamic one for later flatpak versions.

There was an idea in the previous discussion to have a new element to
reset <dir> and split up <dir> into a file. that may helps you to have
an own desired font directories list instead of modifying entire
fonts.conf dynamically. this can be put into /etc/fonts/conf.d. so it
can be activated no matter how apps has own modified fonts.conf as
long as it contains a line to read config files from conf.d.
This would makes easier to have a map.

--
Akira TAGOH