Re: Did You Know That FT_Done_Face Can Return An Error?

On Thu, May 10, 2018 at 9:32 PM, Werner LEMBERG <wl@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> I fully agree with you.  Libraries should not crash **on bad data**.
> On programmer error and invalid memory state, crashing is safest for
> avoiding exploits and discovering and fixing bugs.

Well, the stdc version of `free' *does* crash if you try to improperly
deallocate memory blocks.

So? That's consistent with my statement. Invalid pointers are programmer error, hence crash.

  And it returns an error code on programmer
error (i.e., an invalid `FT_Face' handle).

It should assert and crash insteda.

    Werner