uuid error when configuring fontconfig 2.13.0

Hi,

I'm trying to install fontconfig 2.13.0 and running into the following error when running configure. Has anyone seen this or would anyone be able to point me in the right direction? Am I missing a dependency or linux util?

I am roughly following instructions from http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/general/fontconfig.html / our own notes from installing 2.12.1.

I've already installed freetype 2.9, libxml2 2.9.7.

This is the command I am using.

"./configure --enable-static=yes --enable-libxml2 --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var && make"

This is the error I get.

checking for FT_Get_X11_Font_Format... yes
checking for FT_Done_MM_Var... yes
checking for UUID... no
configure: error: Package requirements (uuid) were not met:

No package 'uuid' found

Alternatively, you may set the environment variables UUID_CFLAGS
and UUID_LIBS to avoid the need to call pkg-config.

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kind regards,
Simon Lee Shugar

--

Veeva Systems - Zinc Team

Simon Shugar
Software Engineer
Veeva Systems
simon.shugar@xxxxxxxxx
www.veeva.com

This email and the information it contains are intended for the intended recipient only, are confidential and may be privileged information exempt from disclosure by law.
If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately by reply email and delete this message from your computer.
Please do not retain, copy or distribute this email.